Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spice Rack Paint Storage Mini Makeover

While laying in bed one night, an idea hit me. Does that happen to anyone else? I think I need to keep a notepad next to my bed. I'll have a great idea then fall asleep and when I wake up, all that I can remember is that I had a great idea, but do not remember what it was. Anyways, I remembered this one.


I "upcycled" an old spice rack by painting it white and hanging it in my shop to hold my small bottles of acrylic paints. It's size works perfectly!


Here's an updated pic of the outside of my shop, that my husband and I built this past fall and winter. It looks a little different now then when were building the greenhouse boxes on the back. 




Spice racks always seem to pop up at thrift stores or yard sales for pennies. Have you used an old spice rack for something other than holding spices. I'd love to hear about your ideas, because I have a few stored away still.

Have a great day!

'til next time,
Adina

3 comments:

  1. Your spice rack turned out really cute and your shop is amazing! Love that red door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spice rack is perfect for finding and grabbing just the right color of paint when you want it. Great idea! And speaking of just the right color, I'm with Diane, that red door on your shop is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your workshop and the greenhouse idea even more! How did the greenhouse work out for you? It seems like such a more economical way to build a greenhouse. We have a very short growing season here in the San Luis Valley, Co so that is a great idea. I have seen good ideas for old spice racks like attaching them to the side of a kids dresser and use them as book racks. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete