Thursday, March 8, 2012

Handmade Rustic Spring Nest Decor

If only I could walk away from Pinterest more often.
This is what happened when I forced myself to leave the computer today.


I decided to make my own rustic version of the following nest from MarthaStewart.com


I had a handmade pine needle nest, a few turquoise eggs and some moss already in my craft stash, so it was off to the woods to find a few small branches. Once I chose three branches and cut them to the length I liked, I wired them together with green floral wire.




Then I hot glued the branches together under the wire and glued moss around the wire to cover it. I also hot glued the nest in place between the three branches and added a little moss, faux leaves and spring flowers.






So here's my rustic version. What do you think?

'til next time
Adina

3 comments: